Types of hyperpigmenation include:
- Ephelides- aka freckles which tend to increase in color when exposed to sunlight. Ephelides are usually less that 0.5 cm in diameter and are found on the faces, chest, back and arms. The best treatment for freckles, we hate to write it, do not over expose your skin to the sun. Always cover up with sunscreen, wear a hat, and even don large sun glasses.
- Lentigos- aka liver spots, usually resulting from local accumulation of melanocytes and are commonly found on the face, neck, upper trunk, arms and hands. They are usually over 0.5 cm in size.Conventional treatment is destructive liquid nitrogen ( a treatment that should only be performed by a dermatologist).
- Dyschormia- marked by surface blotches of different colors and shades. “Dyschormia” means an abonormal discoloration of the skin, and includes mottled hyperpigmentation, it is sometimes confused with melasma. Treatment such long-wave LED performed by a physician, will help calm this type of inflammation.
- Hormonal Melasma- aka pregnancy mask, appears during pregnancy, post-pregnancy, while taking certain types of birth control pills, and during perimenopause. The best treatment is light microdermabrasion and skin lightening products which DO NOT contain hydroquinone (a dangerous, carcinogenic agent used in many skin bleaching creams). Laser treatments are not recommended because the heat emitted by the beam of the laser can aggrevate this type of hyperpigmentation disorder.
Miscellaneous hyperpigmentation (this is the best kind of term we can find, as there are causes but perhaps not a definitive medical terminology, other than hyperpigmentation)- resultingfrom over exposure to the sun, skin lesions which have healed, the use of certain prescription medications, and ingestion of certain minerals (such as silver and iron). Hyperpigmentation caused by the above examples can occur anywhere on the face, chest, arms, hands, legs, private regions and even around the anus. Treatment includes same as above for melasma. If you are considering a home treatment for skin lightening, we hope that you consider our safe, effective, chemical free skin lightening system.
Darker skin individuals represent a significant and growing group of patients seeking skin discoloration treatments also known as hyperpigmentation skin treatments and products. This is because of the increased awareness of safe, affordable aesthetic skin products. The problem with most skin lightening products (aka skin bleaching creams) is that they contain caustic chemicals.
People with darker skin tones are prone to certain skin problems such as spots. These spots are caused by an insult to deeply pigmented skin, such as acne, a cut, or a disorder such as psoriasis.
Melanocytes are very sensitive cells and can either stop producing color- hypopigmentation or produce excessive color in cases of inflammation- post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. PIH which is most commonly seen in areas where acne blemishes heal, leaving a dark spot behind. Skin Renewal Method developed a skin lightening system which is safe for people of darker pigment; not only is it safe to use (no discoloration of the skin) but it is very efficient in helping to even out hyperpigmentation in dark or black skin.
The following are some causes of what is known as hyperpigmentation (discoloration of the skin):
- injury to the skin
- excessive sun exposure
- chronic inflammation
- hormonal imbalances, resulting from the use of oral contraceptives or pregnancy
- the use of perfumed cosmetics in the sun, because of the chemicals they contain which may cause photosensitivity
Changes in skin color is more prominent in persons of medium skin color, such as Asians, Hispanics, and light-skinned blacks.
Copyright 2011. bleaching-creams.com. All rights reserved.
Basically, hyperpigmentation means that the skin’s pigment (color) is discolored; usually, an abnormal brown color. The cells responsible for the skin’s pigment (color) are called melanocytes. They do this by producing a chemical called melanin. In the beginning the melanocytes look similar to other cells, flat with a dark spot in the center, but as the melanocytes mature they develop hollow arms with extenders that project from the sides. These extensions reach out to neighboring cells and provide them with menlanin, which results in coloration of the skin.
If this is your first time buying Skin Renewal’s Skin Lightening System, you need this entire package to begin treating hyperpigmentation. The collection includes the Microdermabrasion Peel, Arbutin Lightening Cream, and Arbutin Lightening Gel.
The entire package is priced at $285.00.